Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
04.10.2014, 05:17,
RE: Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
(15.08.2014, 20:39)Teglen schrieb: This might indeed be pretty tricky for someone new to the German language. It's not your every day German here so don't be frustrated if you can't make sense of some words and find it overall difficult to understand the texts.
If you have questions just drop them here and we'll (try to) answer them.Smile

Ok, I'm going through the start of the game and I have spoken with Jan. One of the responses he gives is (and I'm copying verbatim from the toolset):

Ganz recht, Mylady! Das Pack schafft nur was ran, wenn man dauernd hinterher ist! Es laufen genug Bettler rum, die die Arbeit für weniger Lohn machen würden.

Since I'm a n00b at German, can you confirm for me that there are two misspellings in here? First, I believe in the second sentence, the word RAN should instead be MAN. Which makes the sentence: Das Pack schafft nur was man, wenn man dauernd hinterher ist! The translation I get is: The pack creates only what one, when one is constantly behind! Since this doesn't make sense in English, perhaps this is a German idiom that I'm not familiar with, and perhaps you could explain it to me. If not, can you point me out to where I am wrong?

Secondly, in the third sentence, I believe the word RUM should instead be UM, and the infinitive verb in this sentence would then be UMLAUFEN (english: circulate, orbit), which when conjugated turns into: laufen ... um. Which then makes that phrase: Enough beggars circulate [around here] who would do the work for less pay. Am I correct on this?

Thanks for your help

biglos9d

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams - von Biglos9d - 04.10.2014, 05:17

Kontakt | Feline Fuelled Games | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation