Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
04.10.2014, 15:18,
RE: Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
(04.10.2014, 07:00)Korahan schrieb: Allright, Mylady! This vermin only work, if someone pushs them constantly. There are enough beggars running around, that would do the job for lower wages.

"(he)ranschaffen" - "to bring in", also used as an idiom for "to work hard" or "to hustle"

"hinterher sein" - idom for "to take care of someone (or something) and (maybe) make him do something"

"herumlaufen" - "run around"
I hope, this was helfpful and not even more confusing. :-)

Liebe Grüße,
Korahan
Pretty good translation for a "noob".Tongue
Actually it's spot on.Ftw
08.10.2014, 03:33,
Ein andere weiter Frage, bitte:

I've come across an idiom that I think is mispelled:

Marge, dein ständiges Geflügel hängt mit zum Hals heraus.

Should it be?:

Marge, dein ständiges Geflügel hängt MIR zum Hals heraus.

The idiom in question, "hängt mir zum Hals heraus," renders in English as "I'm sick and tired of it." What does it truly mean in German... [something] hangs out on my neck... meaning something very annoying and bothering you, or... [something] hangs me from the neck... meaning it is so irritating that it makes you want to kill yourself by hanging from a rope?

Or is the original spelling correct and I'm getting it completely wrong? Vielen Dank für all die Hilfe.

Tschüs!
08.10.2014, 08:45,
No, it`s a spelling-mistake and the idiom "I'm sick and tired of it." is right Smile.
08.10.2014, 12:46,
"hängt mir zum Hals raus" actually means "hangs out of my throat" as in you can't swallow it anymore, you've had more than enough of it.Smile
10.10.2014, 03:57,
I'm putting another Die Traumfängerin episode up soon, and it details a (minor?) bug that I've found: There are no (kein!) journal entries, at all, and it will be shown near the end of the episode. When I open the first chapter module in the toolset, and open the journal there, there are no entries at all, which is a little strange. There is a module.jrl file in the campaign folder, but there should be a journal set that is built into the module itself. Similarly, in the Shaper of Dreams modules, there aren't any journal entries there either when I open the module in the toolset. Have I downloaded a bugged version, and I should download another set of modules that have journal entries when opened in the toolset? Thanks.
10.10.2014, 08:33,
I will have a look at this since weekend. All chapters has journal-entries, but I know, that sometimes this was buggy. You need the german -journal entries of the last chapters, right?
10.10.2014, 10:25,
(10.10.2014, 08:33)Milena schrieb: I will have a look at this since weekend. All chapters has journal-entries, but I know, that sometimes this was buggy. You need the german -journal entries of the last chapters, right?

It looks like I need the entries for all six chapters. I've opened them up and there aren't any journal entries in the Toolset when I select: View - Journal - Module OR Campaign. Not sure what happened there, but if you can link me to the Chapters that have the links, I will put overwrite what I have. I don't know if I'd have to start the campaign over again in this case.
14.10.2014, 04:12,
Gute Nachrichten,

I reinstalled the entire campaign, and put it into the main game install folder, not the My Documents version where it wants to default install to. I opened up the modules in the toolset and the journal entries are there under campaign. I read that this is a bug that has been happening to some people running third party campaigns / modules with no explanation. Thanks for trying to help!
14.10.2014, 09:07,
This is good! I was really wondering, because in my game in editor all the journal -entries was there and none of the german players wrote me that there was no journal in the camaign.
If you have also installed the English one in addition to the German Verison, I think this could cause some bugs too.
I have had, in any case, a few problems (which I do not remember, however, any more Wink, because it lies back many years), and, therefore, has installed only in each case one of the both.
15.10.2014, 04:12,
I had removed the English version to a dummy folder, so I'm not sure if that would have any effect. When I tried editing the English modules in the toolset as well, the journal entries were missing, I may have to reinstall those as well.

One quick question, please:

After reading the journal entries, one of them has confused me. I don't know if it is a misspelling, or a shortened word that Google Translate doesn't understand:

Ich muß sehen, ob ich nicht etwas Kerbel finde, damit Marge mal ne anständige Suppe damit kochen kann. Da muß ich wohl in entlegerene Gebiete, hier um den Gutshof wächst so was nicht.

The part where it says: damit Marge mal ne anständige Suppe damit kochen kann.

The short word "ne" isn't recognized by Google Translate. Is this supposed to be another word, a shortened word, or something else entirely? Thanks for all your help.
15.10.2014, 09:11,
It`s a short form of "eine" but it is also a spelling mistake, because the word is missing something, correct I had to wrote: `ne
But it was so much text, that I didn`t have found all spelling mistakes Wink.
15.10.2014, 19:05,
It also ought to be confusing for you, that the spelling of the German language has changed in 2007, is'nt it? Many people, such as Milena, stil write in the old fashion, whilst many others have already learned the new one in school. I don't even know, if Google is able to translate the old one xD
15.10.2014, 22:44,
(15.10.2014, 19:05)Korahan schrieb: It also ought to be confusing for you, that the spelling of the German language has changed in 2007, is'nt it? Many people, such as Milena, stil write in the old fashion, whilst many others have already learned the new one in school. I don't even know, if Google is able to translate the old one xD

That was already back in 1996 (boy, how time flies by....Scared ). But they did some changes again in 2006.
16.10.2014, 02:10,
Ah, yes thats true. Somehow I only had the date in mind, when it became mandatory standard for schools ... :-/
16.10.2014, 05:55,
Thanks for all the input guys.

So this phrase: damit Marge mal ne anständige Suppe damit kochen kann.
roughly translates to: so that Marge can cook even a decent soup with it. (? the word mal can sometimes confuse me, as it does with Google Translate. Is this somewhat correct?)

But in the very next part, it says: Da muß ich wohl in entlegerene Gebiete, hier um den Gutshof wächst so was nicht.
The word "entlegerene" is not translatable at all, and I think this is one of those "old-school" words you referred to.

I was thinking it has something to do with the word "entlegen," which is an adjective that means remote, far off, or out-of-the-way. Perhaps it is a verb form of this word to mean, "venture out into a remote area"? Or, if I separate ent and legerene, legeren means informal or casual, so modified with the prefix ent makes it mean something like that?

So I come up with the following in English: Then I must probably venture forth into the fields; here at the farm it doesn't grow like that.

Its probably close but not what you had in mind. What do you think? Thanks again!
16.10.2014, 13:55,
You're spot on on both accounts.
Actually "entlegerene" is a spelling mistake and must read "entlegenere". But your translation is correct.
07.01.2015, 05:23,
How is it going developers? Any news about the translation Laugh ?

Kontakt | Feline Fuelled Games | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation