Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
20.05.2014, 13:14,
Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
It looks like that a fan of yours is doing a let's play about Planescape: The shaper of dreams. I'm not sure if someone else has already done something like that, but i appreciate it a lot Smile

P.S. : I'm NOT the one who is doing the let's play, i'm just a player who loves the Planescape setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZcTpmK870
20.05.2014, 14:43,
RE: Finally a Let's Play Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams
Wow, thank you very much for the link!
I am very glad that somebody has made such a work to introduce the module to other people Ftw. I hope, it is found one more translator for the last two chapters. It is, unfortunately, a lot of work.
21.05.2014, 18:42,
Great stuff! I guess this is the first Let's Play for one of our mods/games. Let there be many more following in the future. Laugh
21.05.2014, 20:41,
No, there iare many lets play for Chroniken of Coldramar Smile.
10.06.2014, 06:40,
Hello, I am the creator of the aforementioned Let's Play. I have a question regarding the companion Erir.

When I get Erir into my party, the game wants to give him many levels of Warlock. However, my main character Charis is also a Warlock. Does the game match the classes of Erir to Charis, or is he meant to be a Warlock? I need to know so I can raise his level in keeping with the spirit of the role-play for the campaign. I enabled unrestricted level-ups, but if Erir was meant to be a Warlock and not, say, a rogue or a ranger, I will use an appropriate build for what was intended.

Vielen Dank für die harte Arbeit. Sie haben mich inspiriert, Deutsch zu lernen.

Biglos9d
10.06.2014, 12:36,
(10.06.2014, 06:40)Biglos9d schrieb: Vielen Dank für die harte Arbeit. Sie haben mich inspiriert, Deutsch zu lernen.
If you feel the need to learn German my translations must have been awful. Tongue
I actually don't remember anymore whether Erir was a warlock... I think Milena should know.
10.06.2014, 14:19,
It`s long ago, but I think Erir was a warlock.
This class fits according to role play best of all to him, in consideration of his past.
But if one wants to have no two magicians in the party, it is OK to give him also another class.
The fun in the game is more important Wink.
10.06.2014, 16:51,
(10.06.2014, 12:36)Teglen schrieb: If you feel the need to learn German my translations must have been awful. Tongue

Its not that the translations were awful, they are very good and readable. The issue is that there aren't enough of them, as some descriptions of items are still in German. Plus the last 2 chapters are untranslated, and it would be nice to find out how it all ends.
11.06.2014, 14:16,
No spoiler please! I'd prefer to wait a couple of years for the 2 last chapters translated and find out what happens, instead of a spoiler...not for a campaign based on Planescape setting!
03.07.2014, 23:15,
The NWVault that hosted your mod has gone down. There isn't anyway to download your mod and patches at this point. Could you upload them to the newer vaults, like the Nexus or NeverwinterVault.org? It would be a shame if nobody could enjoy your hard work.
04.07.2014, 08:16,
Ok, I think I will upload it to Nexus
04.07.2014, 19:45,
Done Smile :

http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mo...D923&pUp=1
07.07.2014, 15:31,
And so a tons of good mods for NWN 1 and 2 are gone now Sad

I know it's a bit off topic, but there was a great mod for NWN about Planescape setting called "The Gods Themselves". It's located in the Plane of Pazunia which technically should be located in the Hell instead of the Abyss, but i like to consider it a good cousin for Shaper of Dreams.
07.07.2014, 16:29, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 07.07.2014, 16:29 von Milena.)
Yes, it is terrible, that the old nwvault is down without any warning. I was very glad, that I have all the parts of Shaper of Dreams on my PC , because the english Version is not on our website. I have to search what I need, but all was on my PC , also the patchs. There are some older NWN 1-Mods from us, which are not of our Website, but I hope, I can restore them too.
But I think, many people have lost the work of hundred of hours Sad of hard work. It`s really a shame.
16.07.2014, 05:06,
Hello, I have another question about your mod:

SPOILER:

I got to the end of Chapter 4, where you speak the code word under the shadow of the knight statue during the day, and a portal appears. I click on the portal, and I'm given two choices, either to come back later, or to go forward. I choose to go forward, and it dumps me back out as if I had chose the first option. I know chapter 5 isn't translated yet, but wouldn't I get a message saying that this is the end of chapter 4, like in the previous chapters? Or is something not firing that is supposed to fire?

END SPOILER

Thanks for your help,

Biglos
16.07.2014, 09:26,
Sorry, this is really the end of chapter 4 and i have forgotten to send a message here Sad.
20.07.2014, 16:33,
We really hope to get chapters 5 and 6 translated one day Sad
24.07.2014, 20:52,
Yes, I hope too, but it is very difficult, to find somebody, who want to do such a great work for a game, which is old as NWN2 Sad. Chapter 5 (it has more action)has not as much text as chapter 4, which is really huge, but much enough. And chapter 6 has nearby as much text as chapter 4, because this chapter has many great dialogues.
13.08.2014, 05:52,
I installed the German version, but I noticed that there are no spoken parts like in the English version. Is the German version all unvoiced, or did I not install something?
13.08.2014, 09:10, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 13.08.2014, 09:16 von Milena.)
I have NWN not longer on my PC, but I think, the files were in the Abyss-campaign-folder under sounds. The German Version have the same spoken parts as the english version, but in german.
If they are not to find, you can download the german chapters here from our site (the three links under "Komplettausgabe" (but I think, this are self-install files. The other files under this are chapter 1-6, but you can not combine this parts with the complete edition):

http://www.felinefuelledgames.de/pdtdownload.shtml

hope, this will work better.
14.08.2014, 02:53,
I downloaded the Complete Gold edition from the Neverwinter Nexus, and ran pdtgold1.exe through pdtgold4.exe, as well as pdtkomplett_patch 1.01.exe. For the Patch_Kapitel_6-244-1-0.zip, it contained 2 files, and no instructions where to put them, so I placed them in the override folder in the Neverwinter Nights 2 folder in My Documents, not the one located in Program Files (x86). So the self-extracting files did their thing, and I played the game.

I checked the sounds folder, under the Abyss folder, located within the Campaign folder in the NWN2 folder in My Documents (the English version of Shaper of Dreams installs to the NWN2 folder in Program Files (x86) instead of My Documents, the German version does the converse). There are only .wav files of the rot_zwerg (red dwarf) in this folder. I've played the Hell Dream part of chapter 1, but the .wav files of the red dwarf don't play. Also, there aren't any other sound files within the sound folder of other characters, like Sabra, the demon prince, Erir, Korman, or anyone else. Maybe these sound files weren't bundled within the self-extracting file. However, I don't know why the game won't play the voices that happen to be there (the red dwarf). Instead it skips past his lines immediately without giving me a chance to read them (albeit in German, I am attempting to translate myself with a notebook). Sabra's and the demon prince's dialogue are not there, but it doesn't skip past and gives me a chance to just read the writing, presumably because the .wav files are missing from the sounds file of the Abyss campaign. Is there a way to get the sound / voice files separately and install them into the sound folder?
14.08.2014, 07:08,
That`s strange, but I will have a look, if I something can do.
Don`t know why they are missing, and why the dwarf-files don`t play.
It`s long ago, but I´m sure, there was a german VO.
14.08.2014, 19:17, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 14.08.2014, 19:18 von Teglen.)
(14.08.2014, 07:08)Milena schrieb: It`s long ago, but I´m sure, there was a german VO.

If I recall correctly, there were none except for the dwarf. I joined FFG because of the German version of the Shaper of Dreams and we had our first bigger voice overs after I joined andI think it was in the English version of the Shaper of Dreams.
14.08.2014, 19:26, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 14.08.2014, 20:59 von Milena.)
Hmm....your right, I only find the dwarf. I download here at FFG the Gold and have a look, what sound is inside Wink. It is really to long ago Laugh.

@Biglos9d:
I think it would be good, if you clear your override from SOD- files, because SoD is exactly the same Mod as the German version, (only translated and with other chapter-names) but all Scripts etc. have in SoD the same name as in the german Version, but go with the english version. So I fear, there could be bugs, if you have both, the english and the german version in NWN2.
Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand, what I mean.
Im not sure, if there really are bugs, it`s to long ago and I don`t remember, if I have tested it, but it could be.
15.08.2014, 07:22,
I understand that the only voiced parts are for the dwarf. What puzzles me is why the game won't pull up the sounds from the campaign folder. I opened up the modules in the NWN2 toolset and found the conversation scripts with the .wav files for each node in the conversation. When I clicked on play sound, I would get an exception error, saying a file was missing. The file had the same prefix as the .WAV file, but the toolset was looking for a .RES file.

So instead, I copied the entire Sounds folder and put it in the Override folder. All of a sudden it started working. I can't explain why but that seems to solve the problem for now. I was never any good at programming so I am lacking in skills to debug little issues like this. But it is working now and I will try to put a new Let's Play series featuring the German version, with myself attempting a translation.
15.08.2014, 09:40, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 15.08.2014, 09:46 von Milena.)
It`s strange, that it only works with the sound in override, but it is good that it runs now Smile. If you need help with translation of some words, you can ask here.
I think the german version is rather demanding, because also a little bit ancient phrases are used.
You make yourself a lot of work with my Mod, thanks for this! It`s great, that you like it Smile.
I hope you will enjoy the last chapters, which are not translated. Chapter 5 is more action-parts, but the last chapter has many long and hard dialogues. Good to learn german Laugh.
15.08.2014, 20:39,
This might indeed be pretty tricky for someone new to the German language. It's not your every day German here so don't be frustrated if you can't make sense of some words and find it overall difficult to understand the texts.
If you have questions just drop them here and we'll (try to) answer them.Smile
17.08.2014, 13:57,
If i understood correctly, Biglos is attempting to translate the next chapters from german to english?
That would be amazing!
04.10.2014, 05:17,
(15.08.2014, 20:39)Teglen schrieb: This might indeed be pretty tricky for someone new to the German language. It's not your every day German here so don't be frustrated if you can't make sense of some words and find it overall difficult to understand the texts.
If you have questions just drop them here and we'll (try to) answer them.Smile

Ok, I'm going through the start of the game and I have spoken with Jan. One of the responses he gives is (and I'm copying verbatim from the toolset):

Ganz recht, Mylady! Das Pack schafft nur was ran, wenn man dauernd hinterher ist! Es laufen genug Bettler rum, die die Arbeit für weniger Lohn machen würden.

Since I'm a n00b at German, can you confirm for me that there are two misspellings in here? First, I believe in the second sentence, the word RAN should instead be MAN. Which makes the sentence: Das Pack schafft nur was man, wenn man dauernd hinterher ist! The translation I get is: The pack creates only what one, when one is constantly behind! Since this doesn't make sense in English, perhaps this is a German idiom that I'm not familiar with, and perhaps you could explain it to me. If not, can you point me out to where I am wrong?

Secondly, in the third sentence, I believe the word RUM should instead be UM, and the infinitive verb in this sentence would then be UMLAUFEN (english: circulate, orbit), which when conjugated turns into: laufen ... um. Which then makes that phrase: Enough beggars circulate [around here] who would do the work for less pay. Am I correct on this?

Thanks for your help

biglos9d
04.10.2014, 07:00, (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 04.10.2014, 07:04 von Korahan.)
Hello Biglos,

the words are correct the way they are written but they are commonly used short verisons of the words "heran" and "herum".

I'm a noob at English too, but I'll try my best to translate the sentences:

Ganz recht, Mylady! Das Pack schafft nur was ran, wenn man dauernd hinterher ist! Es laufen genug Bettler rum, die die Arbeit für weniger Lohn machen würden.
Allright, Mylady! This vermin only work, if someone pushs them constantly. There are enough beggars running around, that would do the job for lower wages.

"(he)ranschaffen" - "to bring in", also used as an idiom for "to work hard" or "to hustle"

"hinterher sein" - idom for "to take care of someone (or something) and (maybe) make him do something"

"herumlaufen" - "run around"
I hope, this was helfpful and not even more confusing. :-)

Liebe Grüße,
Korahan

Kontakt | Feline Fuelled Games | Nach oben | | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation